Ladies Circle India known as LC India, is a non-political and non-sectarian organization. Our membership is open to only the wives of members of Round Table. It offers opportunities for serving the community, for fostering and strengthening friendships between like-minded young women and helps create a better understanding of the obligations one owes to the society. The Ladies Circle movement first came to India in 1968. The wives of members of Round Table No. 9 in Coimbatore formed the first Circle. Coimbatore LC 1 received its Charter on 30th August 1969 from the then Round Table India President S.L.Chitale. It was soon followed by the formation of 3 circles getting chartered in 1970. The National Association of Ladies Circle India was formed in 1970 with 4 member Circles. At the inaugural meeting of LC India in March 1970, the Constitution and Bye-Laws were adopted and the National Officers were elected. On March 17th 1970, Founder President, LC India Cr. Shashi Gulati received the Charter of affiliation from Ladies Circle International presented by the then LCI President, Cr. Magdelena Nordens Kjold. In September 1970, LC India became a Full member of LC International at the LCI Conference in Denmark.
Today, as on 1 st of July, 2016 Ladies Circle India is over 1500 member strong with 108 active Circles spread across India. We are present in 19 states and 53 cities.
Landmarks & Milestones-
• 1968 The first circle inaugurated at Coimbatore.
• 1970 National Association of Ladies Circle India received its Charter from Ladies Circle International.
• 1971 National Magazine "Rendezvous" established.
• 1976 Cr. Sabitha Chandran , Elected Treasurer, LC International.
• 1981 LC India Trust "Adhyapana Sahaya" instituted.
• 1983 National Trust received LC International Charity.
• 1983 LC India Song composed by Cr. Indrani Mishra,LC3
• 1986 LC International Conference held at Bangalore.
• 1995 Rajat Jayanthi Sthree Sahaya Fund for destitute women instituted by Past Presidents and Past members of LC India
• In 1994 to commemorate the Silver Jubilee year of LC India came in operation in 1995.
• 1996 Received Ladies Circle International Charity grant for Samooga Nala Koodam, Trichy LC33's Project.
• 1997 38 th Ladies Circle International Conference, Namaste India '97 held at Hyderabad.
• 2002 Educate to Enlighten(E2E) was adopted.
• 2009 Executive Manual was launched.
• 2010 Pan Card Procured for LC India, Provisional Charter Certificate received as Godmother of LC Nepal.
• 2011 Area Codes in place, Tools for Schools fund was introduced.
• 2012 LC Secretariat office was set up, MOMCI was launched.
• 2013 Under Tools for Schools- Sports scholarship was introduced.
• 2014 Wall of Fame was unveiled.