Welcome to the wonderful world of Friendship and Service!
Ladies Circle India Known as LC India, is non-political and non-sectarian Organisation. Our membership is open to only the wives of members Round Table India. Its Offers Opportunities for serving the community, for fostering and strengthening friendships between like-minded young women and helps create a better understanding of the obligations one owes to the society.
The Ladies Circle movement first came to India in October 1968. The wives of members of Round Table No, 9 formed the first circle in Coimbatore. The first Circle-Coimbatore Ladies Circle 1 was chartered In August 1969. In January of 1970, 2 Other Circles were Chartered-Madras LC 2, Calcutta Lc 3, and Madras Mylapore LC4 was chartered in February 1970. In January 1970, the then Round Table India President Tr. Krish Chitale and the Circles made Lc Chairpersons-Shashi Ghulati, the Interim President. On March 16th, 1970 at the 1st National AGM, the first National board elected with Cr. Shashi Ghulati(Lc 1) as President, Cr. Prasanna Madhvan-Vice President(Lc 2), Cr. Indira Chandhok-Treasurer(Lc 4). President Shashi Ghulati Nominated Cr. Suguna Devraj-Secretary(Lc 1). These were the charter board Of Ladies Circle India.
Today Ladies Circle India comprises of over 1600 members with 114 active Circles spread across India. We are present in 19 States and 57 cities.
Aims and objects of Round Table India
- To develop the fellowship of young men through the medium of their business and professional occupations and community service activities.
- To encourage active and responsible citizenship by cultivating the highest ideals in business, professional and civic traditions.
- To promote and further international understanding friendship and co-operation.
- To promote the extension of the association.
RTI in a Nutshell
- Young Men’s Club consisting of Successful Businessmen and Professionals
- Key Objective of Community Service focusing on Building Infrastructure for Education of Underprivileged Children
- Key Opportunities for Members of RTI for Personal and Professional Growth and Networking